Join our team
Children’s Home and LSS offer exciting and rewarding career opportunities for individuals who wish to impact the lives of children and families, and who share our commitment to give every child security, opportunity and a loving family.
Social work supervisor
As a Social Work Supervisor, you will supervise and support Adoption Services program staff to assure service quality and meet service demand, provide direct client services and handle escalated client care issues and the resolution of complaints. You will maintain program policies/procedures, assist program leadership with the implementation of program growth strategies and the preparation of budget reports, projections and recommendations, monitor monthly statistics and ensure compliance with licensing and accreditation standards. In this role you will also establish policies and procedures that align with the organization’s goals and objectives and develop, manage and participate in program events and meetings.
Oversight of Domestic Infant and Pregnancy Services. May include some foster care. Half time position for one program or full time for both programs.
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work, equivalent degree or combination of degree and experience.
- Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) licensure.
- Three years of experience in direct service with the target population is desired.
- A valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, access to reliable transportation and a Motor Vehicle Check.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, be organized and multi-task.
- Able to apply critical and strategic thinking to problem solve complex matters of concern.
- Ability to manage complex situations in the direct service of adoptive families.
Adoption worker position – two openings
As an Adoption Worker you will assess families for adoption readiness and provide family preparation and education. You will develop relationships with youth and work directly with them to prepare them for adoption. You will review adoption applications for eligibility, arrange/conduct adoption study interviews, prepare written study reports and consult and collaborate with program staff, therapists, social workers, guardians, foster parents and/or other significant adults. You will assist families with the program-specific adoption process, network and facilitate a match between the family and the program-specific staff responsible for the placement of children and provide post-placement supervision and evaluation. You will manage client files to ensure confidentially, completeness, accuracy, prepare in-house reports, including tracking statistics and billing, and manage an adoption caseload to ensure quality standards are met.
The Adoption Worker will be responsible for a caseload of approximately 14-20 clients in active status. The incumbent will provide direct counseling and case management services to birth parent clients. The incumbent will also engage in program development tasks as assigned. This position will work directly with youth and families.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (preferred) – OR – Bachelor’s Degree related field plus 3-5 years of related experience;
- Sensitivity to adoption community is required;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft™ Office Suite;
- The ability to work independently, be organized and multi-task;
- Must have a valid drivers’ license, insurance, and a reliable vehicle and be insurable under agency policy;
- Ability to work with and advocate for all clients served, regardless of race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or family type.
- The ability to apply critical and strategic thinking to case management responsibilities;
- The ability to communicate well using verbal and written methods;
- The ability to travel to family homes
Children’s Home & LSS are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers of all people regardless of gender, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, race, culture, ethnicity, protected veteran status and/or disability. We actively foster an environment that is free of racism, discrimination, bias, and harrassment where all individuals are treated with dignity, safety and respect.Apply Here – Full Time Apply Here – Part Time