Whether you’re already parenting boys (and girls, let’s be honest) or are picturing ways you will pass the days with your future son, there are so many fun activities to consider. Here are just a few we’ve found around Pinterest.
- Have a water fight: balloons, water shooters, or just an old-fashioned hose will do.
- Attend a play or musical.
- Go for a bug hunt.
- Visit a book store or a library. While you’re there you could check out these books for boys.
- Share some hot chocolate over a board game.
- Play laser tag – it’s awesome.
- Volunteer at a local soup kitchen or nonprofit for kids with food insecurity.
- Enjoy a one-on-one movie date.
- Cook dinner or bake dessert together.
- Create a laser maze with streamers or string.
- Create a backyard obstacle course with things around the house.
- Take a bike ride to a local park or ice cream shop.
- Stargaze and pick out “your star” – the star you can find every night that
represents your dedication to one another.
- Organize a neighborhood scavenger hunt.
- Go watch a game: whether it is professional, semi-professional or even a
little league game at the nearest ball field.
- Have a mud fight. Together.
- Challenge each other to stretch your dollar by finding the coolest thing at
the local thrift store or garage sale.
- Hone engineering skills by building a marble run.
- Tie dye socks, shirts or converse.
- Build a smoothie bar for the family.
Boys Wait for Adoption
There are many boys waiting internationally and in Minnesota foster care for families. These youth would thrive in homes that are dedicated to showing them the love, fun and structure that comes with a family. We hope you will take some time to get to know them and consider whether you have room in your home for one more.Meet Waiting Children Now