The adoption programs of Children’s Home Society of Minnesota and Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota aim to make a lasting impact in Minnesota and around the world. To do this, we need to reach the people who need our support and service. A great logo visually expresses who we are and what we do so that our community can find us and connect to our mission—today tomorrow, and for years to come. The needs of our families are changing constantly. Our visual identity needs to keep up and let people know that we are ready and able to meet their needs.
In 2018, we are rolling out new logos for both organizations. The new logos for both Children’s Home and LSS will strengthen the shared identity of our adoption programs.
The new Children’s Home logo conveys different aspects of our mission to find loving, forever homes for children here and around the world. The new artwork is:
- A visual representation of our name and the loving adoptive homes that we work to build
- A symbol of the changing faces of the children we serve, as well as the relationship of our adoptees as they grow
- A reference to sibling groups, the children who often wait the longest
- A nod to our work to help raise children and raise up our communities
The new LSS logo gives power to the work we do, showing the passion and heart behind our services and outreach. The new artwork depicts:
- An open heart representing an invitation—an openness to all
- Bold yet warm colors representing both strength and love
- A flame of spirit and transformation through movement and change
- And last but not least, a heart and flame that spell out L and S as subtle reminders of Lutheran Social Service
In 2018, we look back through the years—all the way to 1865—to recognize all that we’ve been able to accomplish with the work, support and love of our families, communities, volunteers and employees. We also look forward to a future dedicated to strengthening families and improving the lives of children.