- This event has passed.
Fidgety Fairy Tales: The Mental Health Musical
March 22, 2018
Once upon a time…
familiar fairy tales were re-imagined as delightful 40-minute musical theatre performances. Fidgety Fairy Tales – The Mental Health Musicals use gentle humor, great music, and compelling performances by talented youth to raise awareness about children’s mental health.
This year Minnesota Association for for Children’s Mental Health joins us again in their 10th musical where familiar fairy tales are re-imagined to raise awareness about children’s mental health. With great music and gentle humor, this hour-long musical is fun for the whole family.
This year’s stories include:
- The Three Billy Goats Gruff (AD/HD)
- Little Miss Muffet (meltdowns)
- Pinocchio (lying)
What does Fidgety Fairy Tales Do?
The goals of Fidgety Fairy Tales are:
- Provide accurate information about mental health disorders using clear, accessible language
- Dispel the myths and reduce the fear and misunderstanding around mental health disorders
- Portray the strengths and struggles of children with mental health disorders
- Help families, friends, and communities respond with compassion, understanding, and support
This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through grants from the Metropolitan Regional Arts Council, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.
Photos by V. Paul Virtucio.