- This event has passed.
Free Webinar | What is Emergency Shelter Care?
October 17, 2019
ONLINE | 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. CT
Speakers: Emily White, LSW, along with Adam and Beth, Emergency Shelter Care providers
Throughout Minnesota there is an increased need for families to provide emergency shelter care. This unique form of foster care provides immediate, short-term care for children who are entering foster care for the first time or are experiencing a change in placement where there hasn’t been a new foster home identified. Our families can become licensed to do emergency shelter care only, or be open to emergency shelter care placements while also preparing for longer-term foster care or adoptive placements.
Join our free webinar to hear:
- What emergency shelter care entails
- What makes a good emergency shelter care provider
- Why children enter care and their common needs
- Why there is a great need for emergency shelter care homes
- How to prepare for and become a provider
- The benefits you will experience when you open your home in this capacity
- First-hand experiences from an emergency shelter care family
There will be time in the webinar to ask the family questions about their experience.
Certificates of attendance will be made available to attendees. This webinar will be recorded. A link to the recording will be sent to all individuals who register for the live event within 24 hours of the webinar completion. The recording will also be posted on chlss.org/webinars.Register on GoToWebinar Now