- This event has passed.
Free Webinar | Talking About Adoption
Thursday, April 18, 2019
ONLINE | 11:00 A.m. – 12:00 p.m. CT
In our spring webinar series, we will be learning from Dr. Elaine Schulte, MD, MPH, FAAP, Medical Director at the Adoption Program at Children’s Hospital at Montefiore, co-author of Caring for Your Adopted Child: An Essential Guide for Parents, and adoptive parent.
Join the second webinar to learn about the importance of talking to your children about adoption. Throughout the hour, we will cover:
- The benefits of adoption conversations throughout a child’s life
- How to encourage conversations about adoption
- How to talk about adoption at different ages and developmental stages
- Sharing difficult details about birth family history
- Responding to your child’s desire to find or connect with birth family
- Sharing your child’s adoption story with others
This webinar will be useful for all adoptive parents and professionals.
Certificates of attendance and CEUs will be made available to attendees. This webinar will be recorded. A link to the recording will be sent to all individuals who register for the live event within 24 hours of the webinar completion. The recording will also be posted on chlss.org/webinars.Register now for this webinarWatch a recording of the first webinar, “Caring for Your Adopted Child’s Emotional Health”