Join Our Team
Exciting and rewarding career opportunities for individuals looking to positively impact the lives of children and families.
Our definition of family: A family consists of two or more people, whether living together or apart, related by blood, marriage, adoption, or commitment to care for one another.
Our services and employment opportunities are available to everyone regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, disability, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
At Children’s Home and LSS, we offer:
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Office Space Available (if desired)
- Fun, Dynamic Team
- Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, and Mental Health Benefits
Our Current Openings:
We are seeking an innovative and caring Post Adoption Supervisor to provide oversight and support to our Post Adoption staff, ensure service quality and demand are met, handle escalated client care issues, and provide direct client services. In this role, you will help your team maintain program policies/procedures, assist program leadership with the implementation of program growth strategies and preparation of budget reports, projections, and recommendations, monitor monthly statistics, and ensure compliance with licensing and accreditation standards. You will collaborate with the leadership team to establish policies and procedures that align with the organization’s goals and objectives and develop, manage, and participate in program events and meetings.
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work, equivalent degree or combination of degree and experience.
- Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) licensure is preferred.
- 3 years of experience in direct service with target population is desired.
- A valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, access to reliable transportation and a Motor Vehicle Check.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, be organized, and multi-task.
- Able to apply critical and strategic thinking to problem-solve complex matters of concern.
- Ability to manage complex situations in the direct service to those with a connection to adoption.
This is a .8 FTE position with an annual salary beginning at $50,000. This position is benefit-eligible.
The major responsibilities of an Adoption Worker are to work with families and/or youth to prepare them for adoption. Responsibilities also include:
- Assess readiness for adoption by writing home studies, executing the foster care licensing process & providing post-placement supervision & support.
- Serve youth in foster care as a Child-Specific Recruiter to identify permanent resources for adoption.
- Travel throughout the state of Minnesota (mileage reimbursed).
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or human services field. Master’s degree in social work and/or relevant work experience preferred.
- Must have strong organizational skills, ability to multitask and case manage, and keep documentation up to date.
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends in order to best support families and kids.
- The ability to travel to family homes.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance, and a reliable vehicle and be insurable under agency policy.
- Ability to work with and advocate for all clients served, regardless of race, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or family type.
This is a full-time position with an annual salary beginning at $41,000.