Post adoption reporting compliance vital component to international adoption
Children’s Home and LSS are committed to adhering to the requirements of each country program and work diligently to collect, review and send post placement reports.
“Post-adoption reports to the children’s countries of origin not only demonstrate U.S. families’ commitment to adopted children’s welfare, but also help intercountry adoption programs remain open as a viable option for children who cannot find permanency in their countries of birth.”
“The consequences of failure to comply with post-adoption reporting requirements are significant, particularly for thousands of children in need of permanency who would be adversely impacted if intercountry adoption programs are suspended or closed.”
–The Office of Children’s Issues, U.S. State Department (May 2017)
country specific requirements & instructions
Reporting requirements vary greatly by country. Initial reports must be prepared by a licensed social worker. Additional reports may be required during a period of self-reporting which often continues for years after an adoptive placement. Timely submission is critical to fulfilling the requirements set forth by the country.
If you have questions about your post adoption reporting requirements, please email the contact listed under the country through which you adopted or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post placement reports completed by a social worker are due 3, 9, 15 and 21 months after placement. These reports should include 6-10 pictures each. Family self-reports are due annually until the child is age 18. Family self-reports are sent to the Embassy and to Burundi’s Central Authority (CAAB).
Please contact Alexa Ricciardi with any questions: email@example.com or 651-255-2291.Burundi Self Report Template
Different timelines apply to families whose Travel Approval was issued by CCCWA prior to 2015: social worker reports were due at 1, 6, and 12 months after placement while family self-reports remain due at 2, 3 and 5 years after placement.
Instructions to parents:
- Type up the information in the template and address each topic. Please avoid being too brief; for example, when explaining your family’s attachment and bonding, include an example that supports your statement.
- Notarization is not required.
- This report must include eight color photos, per CCCWA guidelines, affixed to the templates provided by Children’s Home; be sure to include captions. Refer to CCCWA’s photo guidelines in your “welcome home” packet of information for important details.
- Follow the due dates outlined in your “welcome home” packet.
- Data for the first section (Identification) can be found in your “welcome home” packet.
- Adoptees age 10 or older at time of report must sign the report in the space provided.
- Send a signed original with your photos to our MN office: Children’s Home Society of Minnesota, Attn: China Post Placement Specialist, 1605 Eustis Street, St. Paul, MN 55108
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.China Self-Report Template
Post placement reports completed by a social worker are due at 6, 12, 18, and 24 months after placement.Colombia Post Placement Template
Post placement reports completed by a social worker are due at 4, 8, 12, 16, 20 and 24 months after placement. Each report should include a minimum of ten pictures; close-up pictures are preferred.Ecuador Post Placement Template
The first two reports, due at three & six months after placement, must be completed by a social worker. The adoptive family will then complete yearly self-reports (due on the anniversary of the child’s placement) until the child turns 18 years old. In order to ensure the appropriate governing authorities receive the reports and your compliance with reporting requirements is properly documented, all reports (including self-reports) must be submitted through CHLSS (see below).
Two completed reports are needed at each due date: one original and one redacted/edited. The reports should adhere to the following requirements:
- All complete reports consist of one written report and four photos.
- The author of the report (social worker or adoptive parent) should sign the original copy. Please do not include signature on the redacted/edited copy.
- The redacted/edited report must remove all identifying information for the adoptive family and agency. This is a requirement of the Ethiopian government. This is the report that will be made available to birth family. Your child(ren)’s birth name, birth date and place of birth may remain. Please do not use your child(ren)’s new name in the redacted/edited report. Please do not sign this report.
- Note: if you adopted siblings, only one report is necessary; however please include four photos for each child.
- The four photos should be glued or taped (not stapled) to each photo sheet (included in the report template below) OR photos should be printed in color from your computer and include the information on the photo sheet.
- Note: You should use the same photos on both the original and redacted photo sheets.
Reports should be sent to: ATTN: Ethiopia Post Placements, 1605 Eustis Street, St. Paul, MN 55108Ethiopia Post Placement Template
Please note: This is a Word document so it will download from the browser when you click the button.
Post placement reports completed by a social worker are due 6 and 12 months after placement. Family self-reports are due annually 24 months after placement until the child is age 14.Honduras Post Placement Template
Post placement reports completed by a social worker are due at 1, 3, 6 and 9 months after placement. Family self-reports are due at 12, 18 and 24 months after placement.India Post Placement Template Contract for Post Placement Requirements
Please contact Alexa Ricciardi with any questions: email@example.com or 651-255-2291.
A post placement report completed by a social worker is due 6 months after placement, then family self-reports are due every 4 years until the child is age 18.Marshall Islands Post Placement Template
For families who placed prior to June 1, 2016, post placement reports completed by a social worker are due 1, 2, 3, 6, 9 and 12 months after placement. Family self-reports, due at the same times, are optional.
For families who placed on or after June 1, 2016, post placement reports completed by a social worker are due 1, 3, 6 and 12 months after placement. Family self-reports, due at the same times, are optional.South Korea Post Placement Guidelines