Help make a difference with us
Here at Children’s Home and LSS we are so appreciative of the thousands of hours volunteers contribute annually. Typically we can utilize volunteer support at our special events, with our adoption groups, to help with clerical needs and in the form of academic internships.
Children’s Home Society and Lutheran Social Service of MN actively foster an environment that is free of racism, discrimination, bias, and harassment where all individuals are treated with dignity, safety and respect.
Adoption Digital Outreach & Marketing Intern
Length of Internship: Fall 2018. Minimum of three months; Start and end dates can be flexible. Flexible scheduling during business hours.
Location: St. Paul, MN
Position Description: We are currently looking for an intern who is ready to learn about marketing and communications and is not afraid to try new things. As our Adoption Digital Outreach and Marketing Intern, you will have opportunities to think outside of the box and get hands-on experience! Although this is an unpaid internship, we are committed to making it worth your while. In your role, you will work on materials that can become part of a portfolio for future job applications/interviews. Additionally, if there are specific aspects of marketing or marketing applications that you seek experience using, we will do our best to ensure you leave the internship feeling more informed and familiar in these areas.
As part of your internship, you will assist with our marketing and communications needs by:
- Optimizing and creating content as part of an initiative to build our presence on Pinterest.
- Developing advocacy videos and blogs about children who wait for adoption.
- Building infographics for social media and emails.
- Writing and scheduling social media posts and ads.
- Assisting with the assessment of our outreach efforts via Google Analytics and other platforms.
- Updating email marketing and client management database.
- Researching and collecting ideas for future print and online marketing.
- Identifying bloggers and content creators with whom we may be able to partner.
- Updating and creating new print materials as needed.
- Preparing materials for upcoming information meetings and conferences.
- Sending out certificates for our online webinars.
- Other duties as assigned. We are open to new ideas, so would love to chat and brainstorm about new campaigns that you might think up during your time with us!
This position is approximately 10-15 hours per week; we can discuss additional hours if you want.
This position will report into the Web Communications Specialist.
Qualifications: We are looking for candidates who are passionate about helping children and families, and value the many voices and perspectives that exist in each story. Current enrollment in marketing, communications, design, videography/photography, or English programs is preferred. If not attending school, demonstrated interest in marketing and communications work is preferred.
Candidates do not necessarily need to have experience with the following programs, but must have an interest in learning how to use them to meet marketing needs: website content management platforms (WordPress experience preferred), basic HTML, email marketing (MailChimp preferred), photo and video editing software, PicMonkey, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Piktochart, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, HootSuite, BuzzSumo, and Animoto. Candidates should be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
How to Apply: Please email your résumé to Erin Heisler at email@example.com. If not explicit in your resume, in your email please include information about your familiarity with programs listed under the qualifications section of this job description.
Please check back for opportunities.
Please check back for opportunities.