help make a difference with us
Here at Children’s Home and LSS we are so appreciative of the thousands of hours volunteers contribute annually. Typically we can utilize volunteer support at our special events, with our adoption groups, to help with clerical needs and in the form of academic internships.
International Adoption Internship
Length of Internship: Winter/Spring 2015-2016. Flexible daytime scheduling. Minimum of 3-month commitment.
Location: Twin Cities Metro
Primary Duties: The International Adoption Intern will assist the International Adoption department with a variety of tasks relating to specific country needs. These tasks could include: assisting with information sessions and dossier preparation; helping to create, edit, copy and send newsletters, CDs, DVDs and publications; assisting with copying, filing and organizing; obtaining adoption stories through various media, including photos, videos and audio; as well as preparing PowerPoint, web and audio presentations for families. Duties and responsibilities will be expanded commensurate with the number of hours per week, length of the internship, and individual skills and experience.
Experience: Familiarity with websites and basic office equipment; competence in Word and other Microsoft computer programs; attention to detail; willingness to learn and understand issues experienced by all members of the adoption triad; excellent interpersonal skills; as well as good organizational, oral and written communication skills.
How To Apply: Please email your résumé and cover letter to Molly Rochon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
international adoption program volunteer
Summary: This volunteer position will assist the International Adoption team with a variety of tasks relating to specific country needs. Duties and responsibilities will be expanded commensurate with the number of hours per week and individual skills and experience.
Time Commitment: 3-4 days per week preferred; flexible daytime scheduling, minimum of 3 month commitment
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data entry, track (via excel and database) post placement records
- Assist with preparation for education and information sessions, dossiers and travel orientations
- Pack and track care packages for overseas shipment
- Assist with copying, filing and extensive scanning
- Attend meetings as needed
- Assist in compiling (layout, copying, collating, etc.) information packets for clients
- Adhere to strict confidentiality guidelines
- Comply with Children’s Home and LSS policies and procedures
- Represent Children’s Home and LSS in an appropriate and professional manner
- Familiarity with operating basic office equipment and Microsoft Word
- Attention to detail- possessing the ability to recognize, read and prepare documents
- Willingness to learn and understand complexities and issues experienced by all members of the adoption constellation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organizational, oral and written communication
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Understanding and accepting of children and families from diverse multi-cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Experience in adoption and/or working with families and children preferred
- Participation with a team of professionals
- Agency recognition
- Increased experience and skills strengthening
- Opportunity to take advantage of free trainings
- Support in fulfilling personal and professional goals
- Helping to build families through adoption, playing a role in finding permanency for a child
- Learn first hand the intricacies of international adoption
How to Apply: Please email your résumé and cover letter to Jane Lee at email@example.com.
Please check back