Help make a difference with us
Here at Children’s Home and LSS we are so appreciative of the thousands of hours volunteers contribute annually. Typically we can utilize volunteer support at our special events, with our adoption groups, to help with clerical needs and in the form of academic internships.
international adoption program volunteer
Summary: This volunteer position will assist the International Adoption team with a variety of tasks relating to specific country needs. Duties and responsibilities will be expanded commensurate with the number of hours per week and individual skills and experience.
Time Commitment: 3-4 days per week preferred; flexible daytime scheduling, minimum of 3 month commitment
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data entry, track (via excel and database) post placement records
- Assist with preparation for education and information sessions, dossiers and travel orientations
- Pack and track care packages for overseas shipment
- Assist with copying, filing and extensive scanning
- Attend meetings as needed
- Assist in compiling (layout, copying, collating, etc.) information packets for clients
- Adhere to strict confidentiality guidelines
- Comply with Children’s Home and LSS policies and procedures
- Represent Children’s Home and LSS in an appropriate and professional manner
- Familiarity with operating basic office equipment and Microsoft Word
- Attention to detail- possessing the ability to recognize, read and prepare documents
- Willingness to learn and understand complexities and issues experienced by all members of the adoption constellation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organizational, oral and written communication
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Understanding and accepting of children and families from diverse multi-cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Experience in adoption and/or working with families and children preferred
- Participation with a team of professionals
- Agency recognition
- Increased experience and skills strengthening
- Opportunity to take advantage of free trainings
- Support in fulfilling personal and professional goals
- Helping to build families through adoption, playing a role in finding permanency for a child
- Learn first hand the intricacies of international adoption
How to Apply: Please email your résumé and cover letter to Jane Lee at email@example.com.
Please check back
Korean Translation VOLUNTEER
Summary: The International Post Adoption team at Children’s Home and Lutheran Social Services is seeking a volunteer or student intern to help with translating letters, emails, and reports. Duties may include translation of Post Adoption background reports, letters, or other adoption related work. Volunteer will comply with all policies and procedures of Children’s Home and LSS. This position is flexible and the volunteer is able to determine their own pace and workload. Assignments received will adhere to deadlines, usually as soon as possible, or up to a 2-4 week turnaround timeline.
Time Commitment: The minimum commitment for this position is 4-6 months; needs are ongoing. Work is completed remotely via phone, email and scans and the hours are set by the volunteer with the understanding of deadlines that need to be met.
Qualifications: Volunteer must have fluent command of both the English and Korean languages and have the ability to work as a team member and to accept responsibility with timelines; ability to act independently and to seek consultation when needed; excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to use Microsoft Word, PDF, and email; and an interest in learning about the adoption and post-adoption fields. Background check is required.
How to Apply: Please email your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.