Help make a difference with us
Here at Children’s Home and LSS we are so appreciative of the thousands of hours volunteers contribute annually. Typically we can utilize volunteer support at our special events, with our adoption groups, to help with clerical needs and in the form of academic internships.
Children’s Home Society and Lutheran Social Service of MN actively foster an environment that is free of racism, discrimination, bias, and harassment where all individuals are treated with dignity, safety and respect.
Adoption Marketing and Communications Intern
Length of Internship:
Minimum of three months; Start and end dates can be flexible. Flexible scheduling during business hours.
St. Paul, MN
We are currently looking for an intern who is ready to learn about marketing and communications and is not afraid to try new things. As our intern, you will have opportunities to think outside of the box and get hands on experience.
As part of your internship, you will assist with our marketing and communications needs by:
- Creating content for social media, especially Pinterest and Twitter
- Developing videos and blogs about children who wait for adoption
- Providing certificates for our online webinars
- Updating email marketing lists and assisting with email campaigns
- Updating and creating print materials as needed
- Creating blogs about adoption and parenting, including infographics
- Preparing materials for upcoming information meetings and conferences
- Helping with guerrilla marketing efforts
- Based on your interest, additional opportunities could include: measuring ROI on outreach efforts; looking for trends in Google Analytics data; building Google, Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns; creating marketing videos
This position is approximately 10-15 hours per week; we can discuss additional hours if you want. We are looking for someone who can start as soon as possible, or for an intern looking to work in the Spring semester.
This position will report into the Web Communications Specialist.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about helping children and families, and value the many voices and perspectives that exist in each story. Current enrollment in marketing, communications, design, videography/photography, or English programs is preferred. If not attending school, demonstrated interest in marketing and communications work is preferred.
Candidates do not need to have experience with the following programs, but must have an interest in learning how to use them to meet marketing needs: website content management platforms (WordPress experience preferred), basic HTML, email marketing (MailChimp preferred), photo and video editing software, PicMonkey, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Piktochart, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, HootSuite and Animoto. Candidates should be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume to Erin Heisler at firstname.lastname@example.org. If not explicit in your resume, in your email please include information about your familiarity with programs listed under the qualifications section of this job description.
International Adoption Intern
Length of Internship: Winter/Spring 2019. Flexible daytime scheduling. Minimum of 3-month commitment with option of extension into Summer 2019.
Location: Twin Cities Metro
Primary Duties: The International Adoption Intern will assist the International Adoption department with a variety of tasks relating to specific country needs. These tasks could include: assisting with information sessions and dossier preparation; assisting with scanning, copying, filing and organizing; data entry; working with various media, including photos, videos and audio; as well as assisting with PowerPoint presentations for families. Duties and responsibilities will be expanded commensurate with the number of hours per week, length of the internship, and individual skills and experience.
Experience: Familiarity with websites and basic office equipment; competence in Word and other Microsoft computer programs; attention to detail; willingness to learn and understand issues experienced by all members of the adoption triad; excellent interpersonal skills; as well as good organizational, oral and written communication skills.
How To Apply: Please email your résumé and cover letter to Molly Rochon at email@example.com.
Child Care VOlunteer
Length of Internship: Open until filled. Minimum of 6 month commitment. 3 hours on the 4th Thursday of every month* from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Location: St. Paul, MN
Our Foster Care team is looking for an individual to assist with child care once a month, every month. On the 4th Thursday of every month* we host a support group for parents. We offer child care during this time so that the parents can get together to learn from and lean on one another. As a child care volunteer, you would assist with caring for the children during this time. Ages of the children vary. Materials will be provided to you to for care and activities.
*There may be some schedule changes, due to holidays or facilitator requests. These will all be communicated in advance.
How to Apply: Please email a résumé to Amy Mische at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adoption programs intern
Length of Internship: Open until filled. Minimum of 2-3 month commitment, at least 10 hours a week. Flexible schedule during business hours (8am – 5pm).
Location: St. Paul, MN
The Adoption Progrmas of CH/LSS is seeking an intern to support the adoption team and children we serve in the following areas:
- Providing detailed information to prospective adoptive parents
- Coordinating meetings and events including the Fall Adoption Fair
- Creating new and updating existing foster care and adoption-related materials
- Participating in brainstorming sessions for children’s advocacy efforts
- Assisting with data entry as needed
- Dependable, prompt and able to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with staff, children and families from a broad range of diverse lifestyles and backgrounds
What You Will Receive:
- Enhanced knowledge and experience with foster care, foster care adoption, infant and international adoption programs
- Direct client contact through meetings and events
- Participation in advocacy efforts for waiting children
- Transferable office and work team experience
How to Apply: Send your cover letter and résumé to Kristina Berg at email@example.com.
Please check back for opportunities.
Please check back for opportunities.