Help Children & Families Get the Things They Need
Children who are a part of the foster care system enter care with whatever can be carried. It is common for belongings to be tossed into trash bags for transport. Here at CH/LSS we think children deserve better so we created the Community Closet.Holiday Wishlist 2021
Our Community Closet provides in-kind donations to folks using our services, this includes:
- Foster families who take in children with little information or time to prepare
- New Emergency Shelter Care providers taking their first few placements
- Relatives who are caring for children but need help meeting licensing requirements, including having proper sleeping space and updated fire extinguishers
- Expectant parents, whether they make an adoption plan or not, who need basic care items for a new child and/or children already in their care
- Youth residing in Minnesota foster care, who are served through our Child-Specific Recruitment Services
- Low-income families adopting children from Minnesota foster care.
Your contribution will help! Our staff will be able to “shop” our closet to help meet the needs of the children and families they are serving.View our Amazon Wish List
Here is a current list of needs. Note that we are only able to accept NEW items.
- Toys/Gifts for the holidays – for all ages
- Pajamas – large or adult size needed
- Socks – all sizes needed
- Pants – all sizes
- T-shirts – all sizes
- Sweatshirts – all sizes
- Onesies – up to 24 months
- Shoes – all sizes, especially boys shoes
- Bras – all sizes, especially larger sizes
- Winter gear – all sizes
- Formula – especially ‘sensitive’
- Sippy Cups
- African American Hair Care Items
- Duffel Bags/Suitcases
- Fire Extinguishers – 2A: 10BC for licensing compliance
- Giftcards – Target, Walmart, Home Depot, Menards, etc.
Shop Amazon Smile and select “Children’s Home Society of Minnesota” to Increase your gift impact.
Save more using the free Capital One Shopping tool that compares prices to get you a good deal while supporting our Community Closet!
During COVID-19 office closures, please contact Kristina Berg to arrange a donation drop-off.
Donations may be tax-deductible, an in-kind donation receipt will be provided.
Questions? Contact Kristina Berg or 651.255.2203