Help children & families get the things they need
Children who are a part of the foster care system enter care with whatever can be carried. It is common for belongings to be tossed into trash bags for transport. Here at CH/LSS we think children deserve better.
Foster families often take in children with little information or time to prepare. Stipends help cover some costs, but families can face immediate needs upon opening their hearts and homes. Relatives and kin who are caring for children need to meet licensing requirements, including having proper sleeping space and updated fire extinguishers. Meeting licensing requirements can be a barrier.
You can help meet these needs through our Community Closet. Our adoption workers will be able to “shop” our closet to help meet the needs of the families and children they are serving. This may mean grabbing a backpack and some school supplies for a teen being served through our child-specific recruitment services, or picking up a few pairs of pajamas and some diapers for a family providing emergency shelter care to infant twins.
Here is a current list of needs. Note that we are only able to accept NEW items.
- Pajamas – large or adult size needed
- Socks – small sizes needed
- Underwear – all sizes
- Pants – all sizes
- T-shirts – all sizes
- Sweatshirts – sizes 3T & up
- Onesies – up to 24 months
- Shoes – all sizes, especially boys shoes
- Bras – all sizes, especially larger sizes
- Winter Jackets – especially boys
- Winter Boots
- Winter Hats
- Diapers – especially larger sizes
- Formula – especially ‘sensitive’
- Sippy Cups
- African American Hair Care Items
- Toys – no stuffed animals
- Duffel Bags/Suitcases
- Fire Extinguishers – 2A: 10BC for licensing compliance
- Giftcards – Target, Walmart, Home Depot, Menards, etc.
Donations can be dropped off to the attention of Kristina Berg at our main office: 1605 Eustis Street, Saint Paul, MN 55108 | Donations may be tax deductible, an in-kind donation form will be provided.
Questions? Contact Kristina Berg at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.255.2203.