Last updated: May 25, 2018
Children’s Home Society and Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://chlss.org website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
Information Collection And Use
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your email address, name, phone number, postal address, other information (“Personal Information”).
We collect this information for the purpose of providing the Service, identifying and communicating with you, responding to your requests/inquiries, servicing your purchase orders, notifying you about relevant events and educational opportunities, developing and displaying content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites, and improving our services.
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website or unable to access certain areas of the site.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. We use this information to improve our site functionality, to monitor site traffic and user behavior for the purposes of improvements, and to measure the effectiveness of off-site marketing campaigns.
In addition, we may use third-party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information. These third-party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information (policies linked below, under “Behavioral Marketing.”
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. If you use more devices and/or browsers you will need to disable cookies and/or update settings on each device and on each browser separately. The Help feature on most browsers provides information on how to accept cookies, disable cookies or to notify you when receiving a new cookie. Here are the locations of the cookie settings for all major web browsers:
- Internet Explorer – Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab.
- Mozilla Firefox – Tools > Options > Privacy menu.
- Safari Users – Edit > Preferences > Privacy menu.
- Chrome Users – Settings > Content Settings > Privacy > Cookies.
If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our Service and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
- Google: Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
- Facebook: Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950.To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads/#568137493302217.Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.
Retention of Personal Information
Do Not Track Disclosure
We support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services and/or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform specific tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use your information for any other purpose.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
Compliance With Laws
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the Personal Information we have collected from you.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to—and maintained on—computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to the United States and process it there.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We need to perform a service for you
- To provide you with information about services and our organization that is relevant to you
- You have given us permission to do so
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Please contact us via this form to access, update or request deletion of your Personal Information.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right of data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please submit a request via the below form. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
PRIVACY OF Donors
We use Authorize.Net to process all donations. The page is secured (https). Authorize.Net uses Customer Information Manager (CIM) to tokenize and store payment information on their secure servers.
Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access our Service. Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your Children have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.