Tour Korea 2021 will take place June 19 – July 1, 2021!
All tour options include the following:
- Hotel accommodations (based on double/triple occupancy)
- Daily breakfast (Western or Korean), most lunches and dinners
- All sightseeing by private deluxe motor coach throughout tour, as shown in itinerary, and all admission fees
- Baggage handling
- Tour staff and volunteers, including support from a post adoption worker, adopted adult, adoptive parent, and country specialists
- Professional, English-speaking in-country guides
- Three pre-trip, orientation meetings, in person or live via online webinar. Meetings will address cross-cultural etiquette, language, intermediary services, gift giving, destination literature, and itineraries.
- Post tour support and post adoption follow-up
Additional expenses outside of the tour package include:
- Flights to and from Incheon International Airport in Korea, unless you request we arrange your flights (additional costs apply)
- Required trip insurance (approximate cost $150/person)
- Required Tour Guide Service Fee (approximate cost $200/person)
- Some post adoption services/side trip transportation expenses (find details in the Korean Post Adoption Services section on our Tour Korea page)
- Emergency transportation (and translation) to clinic/hospital or early return to hotel
- Some meals
- Personal purchases
- Gifts to bring to Korea
These additional costs will be addressed in orientation meetings and tour materials.
Prices shown are per person. Please contact us if you’d like us to arrange your flight to coincide with staff travel. There will be a service coordination fee of $150 billed in addition to the actual cost of each ticket.
Due at the time of registration, no later than January 15, 2021
$2,000 ($2,100 for those who register during Early Bird)
Due April 1, 2021
Total Cost (airfare and post adoption service fees are not included)
$4,800 ($4,700 for those who register during Early Bird)
Please note: Rates are based on double/triple occupancy and a minimum of 40 people traveling together. Prices include programming, planning, handling and operational charges and are based on current rates of exchange, tariffs and taxes in effect at the time of publication. We reserve the right to increase Tour prices or cancel the tour if minimum numbers are not met; to cover increased costs such as gasoline or other charges added by the airline prior to travel; to adjust for tariffs, taxes and V.A.T. received after prices are published; and to reflect fluctuations in foreign exchange markets. For single occupancy rooms: add an additional $840.
We require you to purchase trip insurance. This allows you to safeguard your investment with cancellation protection for unexpected situations that prevent you from traveling or require you to interrupt your tour along the way.
Planning your flight
After registering for the tour, you will need to arrange your own transportation to and from Korea per the tour itinerary. Transportation from the airport to the hotel will be provided upon your arrival in Korea. You will be responsible for your transportation from the hotel to the airport on the day of departure. Arrival dates and times will be communicated to you via the Registration Confirmation packet that you will receive via email.
If you would like us to arrange your flight, please contact us for Tour + Flight pricing. This pricing will include a round-trip, non-stop flight between Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport and Incheon International Airport in Korea with tour staff and volunteers. As needed, we can arrange any domestic flights necessary to get you to the departure city; additional costs may be incurred for these deviations from the group flights.
We require you to purchase trip insurance. Information about travel insurance will be sent to you immediately after you register via email. All cancellation penalties shown are per person.
Penalty for cancellation includes forfeiture of $500 non-refundable deposit plus:
- On or before February 1, 2021: $500
- February 2–April 1, 2021: $1,500
- No refunds will be made after April 1, 2021
Method of Payment
Payment of the non-refundable deposit of $300 per person is due via credit card at the time of online registration. Subsequent payments are billed via regular mail and can be paid via check or credit card.
Documents Required to Travel
You will need a valid passport to travel to Korea. If you do not have a valid passport, an application should be pursued immediately. If you currently do have a valid passport, its expiration date must be more than six months after the return date of your tour. No visa is required in order to travel as a tourist to Korea. A Certificate of Citizenship or a Naturalization Certificate may be required by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service to prove eligibility to obtain a passport.
For More Information
We are happy to help answer any questions you may have. Please contact Tour Korea Director, Caroline Ticarro with additional questions or if you would like to be connected with a past participant who is willing to talk with you about his/her tour experience.
Caroline Ticarro | firstname.lastname@example.org | 612.440.0481