Tour Korea 2023 will take place June 19 – June 30, 2023!
Registration for Tour Korea 2023 is currently full, however, spaces may become available due to cancellations. Please fill out the below form to be added to our Tour Korea 2023 waitlist, or to sign up to receive updates about future Tours.
All tour options include the following:
- Hotel accommodations (based on double/triple occupancy)
- Daily breakfast (Western or Korean), most lunches and dinners
- All sightseeing by private deluxe motor coach throughout the tour, as shown in the itinerary, and all admission fees
- Baggage handling
- Tour staff and volunteers, including support from a post adoption worker, adopted adult, adoptive parent, and country specialists
- Professional, English-speaking in-country guides
- Three pre-trip, orientation meetings live via online webinar. Meetings will address cross-cultural etiquette, language, intermediary services, gift-giving, destination literature, and itineraries.
- Post-tour support and post adoption follow-up
Additional expenses outside of the tour package include:
- Airport transfer to/from hotel on day of departure/arrival.
- Flights to and from Incheon International Airport in Korea, unless you request we arrange your flights (additional costs apply)
- Required trip insurance (approximate cost: $150/person)
- Required Tour Guide Service Fee (approximate cost: $200/person)
- Some post adoption services/side trip transportation expenses (find details in the Korean Post Adoption Services section on our Tour Korea page)
- Emergency transportation (and translation) to clinic/hospital or early return to the hotel
- Some meals
- Personal purchases
- Gifts to bring to Korea
These additional costs will be addressed in orientation meetings and in our Tour Korea materials.
The prices shown are per person. Please contact us if you’d like us to arrange your flight to coincide with staff travel. There will be a service coordination fee of $250 billed in addition to the cost of each ticket.
- Non-Refundable Registration Fee: $500 ($400 early bird)
- First Payment:
- Tour Only: $1,860
- Tour + Flights: an additional $250 per participant + cost of flights
- Due by February 10, 2023
- Final Payment:
- For everyone: $2,200
- Due by April 14, 2023
- Total Cost (airfare and post adoption service fees are not included): $4,560 ($4,460 early bird)
Method of Payment: Payment of the non-refundable deposit of $500 (or $400 Early Bird) per person is due via credit card at the time of online registration. Subsequent payments are billed by mail and can be paid via check or credit card.
Please note: Rates are based on double/triple occupancy and a minimum of 40 people traveling together. Prices include programming, planning, handling and operational charges and are based on current rates of exchange, tariffs and taxes in effect at the time of publication. We reserve the right to increase Tour prices or cancel the tour if minimum numbers are not met; to cover increased costs such as gasoline or other charges added by the airline prior to travel; to adjust for tariffs, taxes and V.A.T. received after prices are published; and to reflect fluctuations in foreign exchange markets. For single occupancy rooms: add an additional $990.
We require you to purchase trip insurance. This allows you to safeguard your investment with cancellation protection for unexpected situations that prevent you from traveling or require you to interrupt your tour along the way.
Planning Your Flight
After registering for the tour, you will need to arrange your own transportation to and from Korea per the tour itinerary. You will be responsible for your transportation to/from the airport/hotel on the day of arrival and departure.
If you would like us to arrange your flight, please contact us for Tour + Flight pricing. This pricing will include a round-trip, non-stop flight between Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport and Incheon International Airport in Korea with Tour staff and volunteers. This fee also includes transportation to/from Incheon airport upon arrival and departure. We can arrange any domestic flights necessary to get you to the departure city, as needed. Additional costs may be incurred for these deviations from the group flights.
All cancellation penalties listed below are per person.
Penalty for cancellation includes forfeiture of $500 non-refundable deposit plus the additional fee listed below:
- $500 (for cancellations received on or before March 1, 2023)
- $1,500 (for cancellations received between March 2–April 1, 2023)
- No refunds will be made after April 1, 2023
Method of Payment
Payment of the non-refundable deposit of $500 per person is due via credit card at the time of online registration. Subsequent payments are billed by mail and can be paid via check or credit card.
Documents Required to Travel
You will need a valid passport to travel to Korea. If you do not have a valid passport, an application should be pursued immediately. If you currently do have a valid passport, its expiration date must be more than six months after the return date of your tour. The Korea Electronic Travel Authorization (K-ETA) is required for foreigners who intend to enter South Korea for tourism, visiting relatives, participate in events or meetings, and business purposes other than profitable activities. You will need to apply one month in advance of travel.Korea Electronic Travel Authorization (K-ETA)
A Certificate of Citizenship or a Naturalization Certificate may be required by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service to prove eligibility to obtain a passport. You will be advised if there are additional documents required due to COVID-19.
For More Information
We are happy to help answer any questions you may have. Please email Kelli Hanson with additional questions, or if you would like to be connected with a past participant to learn more about their Tour Korea experience.Tour Korea Main Page