Home studies expire after one year, therefore, we complete an update with families on an annual basis. Please note that many of these documents are required by the state of Minnesota and must be completed annually for all foster/adoptive applicants. Releases of Information expire after one year and must be renewed annually, as well.
Your home study update will not be signed or considered complete until all required paperwork has been received, background checks are current, an update meeting has taken place, and you have paid the applicable home study update fee.
Please note that similarly to your initial home study assessment, your worker may take up to 30 days to write the home study update document. Please plan ahead to accommodate this timeframe, taking into account the time it will take to complete and update the documents. If the current home study expires prior to the completion of the home study update, families in the profile book will have their profiles flagged and may not be considered for hospital call situations or other fast-moving matches, as the home study must be current at time of placement.
Please download the below forms to complete your Annual Home Study Update and return to your Adoption Worker:
- One per household member age 18+
2. Medical Form
- One per applicant; can be filled out based on most recent doctor visit if it occurred in the last year otherwise a new appointment will be required
- Only required for applicants with children currently in the home; one per child required
- Only required for applicants who have seen a counselor within the last year (1 per applicant when applicable)
- In addition to this form, please also forward the following items to verify your income:
- Most recent 1040 tax form
- Copies of recent pay stubs (one per applicant)
6. Continuing Education Record
- 4 hours of ongoing education (from 2 different sources) in the last year per applicant are required
- Both applicants should complete and sign
7. Consent for Release of Information