Helping to spread awareness about foster care & adoption
The Adoption Ambassadors are comprised of staff and community members who are advocates for adoption.
Our staff ambassadors are happy to meet with you and others you know! We are looking for a diverse pool of individuals & families who may consider fostering, adopting, or volunteering and are open to learning more.
We recognize that foster care and adoption are not the right fit for everyone. You can still help by spreading the word, volunteering, and more!
We look forward to connecting with you to determine the best avenue for you and your network.
Some examples of how our experienced staff can connect with you:
- Host an information session in-person or online with your group
- Have a table at a resource fair or conference
- Present at a Lunch & Learn or Coffee Talk
- Guest appearance on podcast or show
- Present at your local rotary or community group meeting
- Present at Orphan Sunday or another faith-based event/group
- Meet/train with your social work, therapeutic, educational, or clinical team
- Connect with your company’s HR or staff development team for training opportunities or to assist in establishing Adoption Benefits for employees
Topics we can cover include:
- All things MN Foster Care
- Up-to-date statistics, disparities, children who wait
- Adoption & Foster Care 101
- Ways to get involved besides fostering & adopting
- Dispelling common myths
- The children in need of adoption
- Adoption & the education system
- Infant, International, Foster Care Adoption
- Positive Adoption Language
- Post Adoption/DNA search