working with two agencies for an international adoption
When adopting internationally you must have an adoption home study completed by an agency licensed in your state. You will also need an agency licensed/approved to work in the country from where you are adopting.
Sometimes these are one in the same, and you only need one agency. If you live in MN, Western WI, MD or VA, Children’s Home can complete both your adoption home study and international process. If you live outside those areas, you will need to work with two agencies. When pursuing adoption through one of Children’s Home country programs, Children’s Home will act as the Primary Provider and your local agency would work under the supervision of Children’s Home as a Supervised or Exempted Provider.
Every agency is an independent entity, responsible for maintaining its own standards of practice, licenses, and insurance. You can expect to work with one of the preferred agencies below. You do not have to choose one of these providers, however, you will want to verify the agency you choose:
- is licensed in your state
- carries a minimum of $1 million liability insurance
- is willing to sign a supervised or exempt provider agency agreement with Children’s Home
- all services must be provided by an employee of the supervised/exempted provider
- has not been denied accreditation or involuntarily lost accreditation from the Intercountry Adoption Accreditation and Maintenance Entity, Inc. (IAAME) or the Council on Accreditation (COA)
Children’s Home can provide home study and placement services in Maryland. Contact our Maryland office at: email@example.com or 301.562.6500.
Children’s Home can provide home study and placement services in Minnesota. Contact our Minnesota office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.646.7771.
Children’s Home can provide home study and palcement services in Virginia. Contact our Virginia office at: email@example.com or 703.642.2193.